If you’re an athlete who suffers from occasional muscle pain or chronic injury, you may have tried massage and other treatments that exert pressure for the promotion of healing on the source of your soft tissue “hot spot.” If these treatments have proven unsuccessful in getting you back in the exercise saddle, consider the power of light.
A Perfect Light (APL) is a revolutionary, non-invasive treatment program that utilizes LED (light emitting diodes) to treat temporary or chronic sports-related injuries. The treatment programs utilize photo-dynamic therapy (PDT) and LEDs to deliver safe, low-level lighting to stimulated the cells in your body, encouraging the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) energy.
APL’s unique programs aid in cell rejuvenation, resulting in the relief of minor muscle and joint pain – arthritis, muscle spasms, stiffness, etc. – promoting the relaxation of muscle tissue and temporarily increasing local blood circulation. The brief, pain-free treatments speed recovery and rehabilitation, allowing for greater mobility and endurance.
Benefits of Light Therapy
- Increased endorphin levels: Light therapy increases endorphin levels in human tissue and normalizes the action potential of the nervous system.
- Faster Injury Recovery: Light therapy stimulates tissue granulation and connective tissue projections which are part of the healing process of wounds and inflamed tissue.
- Reduced Inflammation: Light therapy stimulates the lymphatic system to remove waste products and cellular debris from the treated area.
- Increased Cellular Energy: Light therapy accelerates energy production at the cellular level by activating the cell’s power plants [mitochondria] to increase production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
- Increased Tissue Strength: Light therapy stimulates collagen synthesis and fibroblast activity for increased tissue strength. Studies have shown that injured tissues treated with infrared light are markedly stronger after recovery than with natural healing alone.
- Improved Circulation: Light therapy causes increased production of nitric oxide (NO) which creates a non-thermal vasodilatation of capillaries in the treatment area. The treatments are short (20 minute sessions) and are accomplished without pain, or negative side effects.
Contact us to learn more about how to harness the power of light to benefit healing and performance.